Handmade Market @ Victoria Street, Georgetown, Penang

Handmade market, Victoria Street, Georgetown, Penang


Venue: Hong Teik Cheng Sim Temple, Georgetown, Penang
Date: 29th Jun 2013
Day: Saturday
Time: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

New Site for Art and Craft

Yan's Crafty

Next Bazaar - Creative Muse at The Weld on 11th June 2011

Yan's Crafty participating in Creative Muse at The Weld.

Venue: Concourse LG, The Weld, 76, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur.
Date: 11th June 2011
Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Interview (extracted from Handmade Jewelry Club)

Extracted from Handmade Jewelry Club.

(Source: http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com)

This week, I would like to feature one of the jewelry artists who has been very supportive by posting her creations here at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/. I like her dedication and hardwork in making all these jewelries.



Tell us about yourself such as where you are base, other than jewelry making, what is your full time job?
Eva Ng is staying at Cheras, K.L. Currently, I am working fulltime in a call centre (supporting Asia Pacific region) based in Selangor. So, I based at K.L. & Selangor.

Do you intend to make jewelry making your full time profession?
I have thought about it before. If I were given this opportunity, I will. Someone asked me before, such as, ‘When are you going to do fulltime?’, ‘What is you vision on your jewelry makings?’ & etc. That was a hard question(s) but I manage to answer it as I have thought before & set a vision for it. I wish I could have my own shop & participate in any jewelry design contest (to challenge myself) in future.




How did you start doing jewelry (or beadmaking) as a business?
I still remember that my first beading was brooch in primary school. That was a wiring class in our Art class. The main bead was seed beads. I learnt how to make a ‘Beetle’ & ‘Butterfly’. I did sell it before to my neighbor as the aunt saw it very nice. Besides that, I did give a few as a donation for our canteen day’s prize for a particular game in secondary school.

I started the intention to make it as a business was my last year target. 8 months ago, I give myself an opportunity to learn more on beadings. Thereafter, I start my online research & my ideas. Despite of it, created a online blogshop & so on.


Every artist has a personal "creative process", can you explain yours?
Play around with colors, size & pattern of each bead.


When people start doing jewelry, they tend to try a lot of different things before settling down to something that resonates with them, tell us how has your jewelry work changed since you began?
I started with Swarovski genuine crystal & seed beads. Then, I exposed myself by doing research over the internet; get more books / magazines to read, joining community / club to get more inspiration by looking at designer’s design & bought more different kind of beads. My motif is ‘Style, Simple & Elegant’.





What would you like to work with/or what skill would you like to learn that you haven't yet?
Currently, I am more into beading. I would love to learn more in wiring.

How many hours a week do you spend in the creative side of your business vs… the business side?
I spent my weekends / public holiday for my jewelry making. Designing & creating the jewelry will take more time than business side. So, there are no hours counted for myself. I bead when I am watching TV or listening to the music.

What inspires you creatively?
By looking at the colors, size & patterns. Browsing books / magazines or surfing from the Internet to get more inspiration. Despite of it, music also inspires me.

Where do you sell at primarily-website, brick & mortar stores, shows, etc. Based on your experience, where is the best place to sell jewelries?
I sell myself, of course. By wearing my own designs. Besides that, I sell my designs online. Sometimes, I will bring my designs with me whenever I am going out. As such, I will able to show the design to everyone. Best place to sell jewelries is a place where lots of people to see the design in-person, such as flea market.

Can you tell us about some important goals you have achieved with your jewelry work?
Compliments? Yes, compliments do get you more into improvement rooms & to achieve higher goals. It keeps you goes on. Despite of it, enjoy the process of making your own jewelries.

What advice would you give to someone who is interested doing jewelry as a business?
Not sure as I am still new. Be very patient & enjoy the process of making your own jewelries. Not to forget, do more research.

Do you have any big/exciting news or different directions for your business this year or year 2009?
I am looking forward to sell my designs at flea market. As usual, do more research & to improve my own jewelries creation.

If you teach, where will you be teaching this year?
I have not conducted any classes before. If I were conducting a class, I prefer in a small group at my house / someone house. Or perhaps, someone’s shop.

Who are some of your favorite artists and crafters?
I don’t have any favorite’s jewelry designer. A lot of the designer’s design inspires me. As long the design is nice, it will be my favorite.

Where can we find you?

You can find me at http://beadsgardenfashion.blogspot.com/

Good luck, Eva. Hope to see your dream come true soon.

Cheers

0 comments

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin