My friend just told me about Daiso where I have not heard about it before. So, I just surf the internet & look for what it is. My friend told me that it is shop which sell things at RM 5. Wow!! Wouldn't it is GREAT!
Information is extracted from My Smart Money Tips.
Daiso is one of Japan’s best exports and finally, it is on our shores at The Curve in Mutiara Damansara! For those uninitiated, Daiso is similar to a cheaper Muji but with a wonderful fixed price of RM5 on every item in the store.
Daiso stocks a whole range of household and living concept products from Japan and has great storage and kitchen ideas, all for RM5. The store makes excellent browsing but do be careful when picking up your items to throw into your basket as each RM5 item does add up very quickly! So, here are some tips on how you can shop smart at Daiso, The Curve!
- Have a general idea of prices in other stores before you start shopping in Daiso as not everything there is cheaper. Some items such as chopsticks or files might be cheaper elsewhere.
- Do a final check on the items in your basket before you head for the check-out counters. Perhaps you might change your mind about that cute little plate that might not be so useful in your kitchen! Remember, that 10 little items from Daiso will set you back RM50!
- Go with some measurements of the storage boxes you are looking for to save you the cost and hassle of buying something that does not fit well. Goods sold at Daiso are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
- Check the items you are buying to ensure you understand how they can be used. The instructions of the Daiso products are usually in Japanese with minimal or bad English translations and I have personally bought stuff of which I had no idea of how I should use it!
- Try not to fall for the overly cute little Japanese items! :) It is too easy to be tempted by an adorable dish washing sponge or the many funky stickers and notepaper Daiso stocks but remind yourself they each cost RM5!
- It pays to shop in Daiso without an empty stomach and not to go crazy on your first time there! It is too easy to go absolutely mad with its fantastic range of products and cute little items, especially its kitchen and bento accessories. Remember to breathe!
Daiso is a great and cheap place to look for quirky bathroom accessories, storage boxes, kitchen accessories and especially bento making products. The innovative and creative Japanese products they stock are really interesting and makes for a great weekend of browsing. Just remember those little tips above to ensure you don’t blow a huge hole in your pocket with many little RM5 items!
Daiso is located at:
Lot 209 / 210 / 211 / 212,
2nd Floor, The Curve,
(Extracted from http://motheringcorner.com/)
Get crafty now!