Handmade Market @ Victoria Street, Georgetown, Penang

Handmade market, Victoria Street, Georgetown, Penang


Venue: Hong Teik Cheng Sim Temple, Georgetown, Penang
Date: 29th Jun 2013
Day: Saturday
Time: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

New Site for Art and Craft

Yan's Crafty

Next Bazaar - Creative Muse at The Weld on 11th June 2011

Yan's Crafty participating in Creative Muse at The Weld.

Venue: Concourse LG, The Weld, 76, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur.
Date: 11th June 2011
Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My CookBook - Vegetable Pickle

Wondering whether am I good in cooking? Cos.... every time I blogged on where to eat right? Well, I do loves to cook. Not a real cook who know how to cook special & nicely designed dishes but cooking something very normal.

I do keep / buy some recipe book. The sources are all from magazine, internet, newspaper, etc. Hmm... must be guessing that my room have stack of magazine / book? Yes, there are a lot despite of the recipe book. Well, I am not someone who really follows what they stated in the recipe book & LOVES TO AMEND THE RECIPE. Well, I can't exactly follow what they have written in the recipe book just because I don't have / want to buy some of the ingredient. Another thing is sometimes the recipe does not show the whole steps to make the dishes..Hahah... I believe some of you are same like me.

Here I will still state the original & steps of the recipe. Then, to show what exactly I did to amend the original recipe. Well, you can amend by yourself also.

Vegetable Pickle

Recipe (Original):
1. 1/2 cup vinegar
2. 1/2 cup fine sugar
3. 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 1 large cucumber (peeled)
5. 2 carrots (sliced thin)
6. 1 large onion (sliced thin)
7. 2 red chillies (sliced thin)

Steps:
1. Combine vinegar, sugar & 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolved.
2. Thinly slice cucumber and discard seeds. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
3. Place in a muslin cloth and squeeze out excess water.
4. Mix dressing with vegetables until well combined.


Eva's cookbook - Vegetable Pickles (my cookbook)

Ingredients:
1. 1/2 cup vinegar
2. 1/2 cup fine sugar
3. 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 2 large cucumbers (peeled, discard seeds & sliced thin)
5. 3 carrots (peeled & sliced thin) - I used medium sized carrot.
6. 3 large onions (peeled & sliced thin)


1. Peeled & discard seeds.


2. You will need to cut thinly the onions using knife.



3. Sliced thin the cucumber & carrots using the vegetable / fruit peeler. I know there is another type of peeler but I would recommend this one. You will know why where you will see later in the next picture.



4. Thinly sliced cucumber (thin texture).



5. Thinly sliced carrots & cucumbers.



6. Combined vinegar, sugar & salt in a bowl. Stir until sugar & salt dissolved.
7. Placed the sliced thin carrots, cucumbers & onions into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients until it is well combined. (picture shown as above)
8. Leave it for 30 minutes.
9. Thereafter, squeeze out excess water with cloth / bare hand.
10. Place it in a plate & add additional 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mixed around.
11. Keep in the fridge.
12. Ta da --- The vegetable pickles is ready to be served.



Vegetable Pickle - ready to be served.

Note: You can add the chillies too. The recipe which Eva shows is something I can grabbed from my fridge.

Phew!! At last, my first recipe in my own blog. It is not easy to do 2 things in a time, i.e. preparing the dish & snapping the process/steps photo. Poor Eva cos everything need to do by herself. Heheh..

Enjoy the dish! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin